Updated January 2018
In March 2012, I graduated as a HRHP (Holistic Reproductive Health Practitioner) from Justisse Healthworks for Women in Canada. This certification confers that I achieved the required skills for accurately teaching the Sympto-Thermal Fertility Awareness Method as a Certified Fertility Awareness Educator (FAE).
There are 3 main reasons I wanted to be certified to teach:
- Competency – I want to make sure I’m teaching women correct information in a manner that they easily understand and find beneficial in their lives. While my teaching style has been described as entertaining and fun, it’s also based on facts and proven scientific data.
- Responsibility – If women and couples are learning to AVOID pregnancy from my classes and one-on-one consults, then I want to be as certain as I can be that any unplanned pregnancies do not result from “teacher-failure” which means that there was an error on my part that led to the unintended pregnancy. ALL methods of contraception have a failure rate and therefore, statistically speaking, I will probably have couples that may unexpectedly conceive.
- Professionalism – I enjoy meeting with other Fertility Awareness professionals around the world for peer-review and the recognition from colleagues that my work is trustworthy. Then, I find it valuable to have credibility in my local community that encourages others to seek my advice and send referrals.
The title “Fertility Awareness Educator" is not a protected term. That means anyone can call herself a FAE even though she may not be certified or qualified to teach.
Want to find a Certified FAE?
- Go to the Association of Fertility Awareness Professionals or the Justisse HRHP Directory (or my FAQs & Resources page).
Want to become a Certified FAE yourself?
- Go to Sarah Bly’s Grace of the Moon (GOTM) Fertility Awareness Teacher Training Program or Justisse’s HRHP Training.
PS - If you're setting up your own online business, I highly recommend Acuity Scheduling. I looked at a bunch of different ones and it fit my desires... time-zone scheduling, online forms, email/text reminders, payment with stored credit card, packages, gift certificates, and it's super-easy for both you and clients to use!