Public Speaking & Interviews
I'm available for virtual interviews and occasional public speaking opportunities. I can speak about a variety of topics, to different audiences, and for appropriate lengths of time (*wink-wink*). Please contact me for my availability and rates. Want to fly me to California or Hawaii to be a guest-presenter at your workshop? I'd love it!
Please note that some of the following presentations are approved for Continuing Education!
Prior Speaking Engagements
"Demystifying the lady bits"
- Invited speaker to MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) at Red Rock's Church in Littleton, Colorado (2016)
- How charting can empower women to understand their bodies and especially when they are experiencing fertility issues
"Reproductive Health Q&A"
Invited speaker at "Feel Good Fair!" at Wills & Wellness in Denver, Colorado (2014)
A Q&A about fertility, sex, reproductive health and everything in between with natural and holistic ideas in mind. Discussions topics included: environmentally-friendly menstrual products, toxin-free lubes, natural suggestions for managing PMS, non-hormonal options for birth control, talking to tweens and teens about their bodies, ways to avoid EDCs (endocrine-disrupting chemicals like BPA), natural ways to increase fertility and overall reproductive health, and the basics of cycle charting.
"Utilizing the Menstrual Cycle as a Vital Sign"
- Invited speaker at "59th Annual American College of Nurse Midwives (ACNM) National Conference - Midwives: Elevating Women's Health" at Sheraton Downtown Denver Hotel in Denver, Colorado (2014)
- Approved for 0.1 CEU (Continuing Education Unit) by ACNM until May 15, 2016
- Available for online viewing at ACNM Live Learning Center
- Interviewed by Cassie (Wilson) Moriarty for documentary film about Fertility Awareness in Denver, Colorado (2014)
"Holistic Infertility Workup & Alternative Treatments"
- Invited speaker at "10th Annual Colorado Nurse Midwifery Symposium - Helping Families with their Perfect Piece" at Swedish Medical Center in Englewood, Colorado (2013)
- Approved for 0.1 CEU (Continuing Education Unit) by ACNM (American College of Nurse Midwives) until October 4, 2015 - program number ACNM 2013/054
"Fertility & Family Planning - The Science & Methodology of Fertility Awareness-Based Methods (FABMs)"
- Trained at FACTS (Fertility Appreciation Collaborative to Teach the Systems), a project of the FMEC (Family Medicine Education Consortium) in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (2013)
- Approved for 1 hour of CME credit (Continuing Medical Education) by AAFP (American Academy of Family Physicians) until May 31, 2016
“Natural Birth Control 101: An Introduction to Your Body’s Wisdom”
- Invited speaker at the “Women’s Spirituality and Wellness Festival: Wisdom Embodied – Awake & Aware” presented by the Institute for Women’s Studies and Services at Metropolitan State University of Denver in Denver, Colorado (2013)
“The Justisse Method & Flowers Fertility, LLC”
- Guest speaker for online and distance-learning “Fertility Awareness Teacher Training” by Grace of the Moon (2012, 2014)
“The Fertility Awareness Method”
- Guest speaker for advanced course “Reproductive Health” at Nutrition Therapy Institute in Denver, Colorado (2012, 2013)