As a Holistic Reproductive Health Practitioner that teaches Fertility Awareness here in Denver, Colorado, I often find myself talking with women about topics outside of just charting to avoid pregnancy or to get pregnant. Because miscarriage is so common (about 1 in 3 pregnancies end in miscarriage), finding great resources for clients to utilize when this happens is really important to me.
Next week I have the opportunity to briefly talk about the benefits of charting while *TTC (trying-to-conceive) at a Pregnancy Loss & Infertility Support Group offered at Amelia's Mammas. It's on Tuesday, August 26, 2014 at 6pm. Contact Amelia's Mammas to register (donation-based).
Then on Saturday, October 4, 2014 from 2pm-4:30pm I'll be teaching a Natural Conception class at Amelia's Mammas. In this class I always...
- review how reproduction and conception works (...and I promise it's way better than what your high school health teacher ever taught you!)
- show how charting can help you better time conception, have a better idea of when to expect a period or a *BFP (big fat positive), and understand what's going on with your overall and reproductive health (...including those mysterious hormones!)
- talk about natural lifestyles choices as well as alternative therapies that may be useful along the way (...should you really do a handstand after sex?!?)
It looks at the whole person and the whole situation from a holistic perspective. And it's a great place to get more accurate and personal answers to questions than Googling can ever give! Contact me to register ($60).
These are some local resources for pregnancy loss and infertility support in the Denver Metro area:
- Acupuncture Denver in the Capitol Hill neighborhood in Denver - offers a *FREE* monthly Women's Infertility Support Group. The next one is on Thursday, September 11, 2014 at 6pm-7pm. Jill specializes in Reproductive Mental Health.
- Amelia's Mammas in the Highlands neighborhood in NW Denver - offers a donation-based monthly support group: Pregnancy Loss & Infertility Support. The next one is on Tuesday, August 26, 2014 at 6pm.
- Luna Counseling Center in the Goldsmith neighborhood in SE Denver - offers a *FREE* 8-week therapy group A New Mourning: Healing After Pregnancy Loss "for women who have experienced pregnancy loss at some point in their lives, even if it was years ago." The next series starts on Thursday, August 28, 2014 at 5:30pm-7pm. Shadia and Tricia specialize in Reproductive Mental Wellness.
- Natal to Nest in Highlands Ranch - offers a *FREE* monthly RESOLVE Infertility Support Group. The next one is in September 2014.
Online resources include:
What other local resources for pregnancy loss and infertility exist in your area?
*Want to better understand all the acronyms in the fertility and reproductive world (like the TTC and BFP I included here)? Here are all of the ones I've collected in this Say What? blogpost! You're welcome ;)